Just as people with various kinds of disabilities can be found, mobility scooters that cater to various niches of users are also available in the market.
Compact mobility scooters are designed specifically to cater to people who value portability more than any other feature of a mobility scooter.
Also called boot mobility scooters or trunk mobility scooters these are designed such that they can easily be dismantled without any tools. They are portable, light weight, easy to manage and are perfectly practical for everyday use.
Compact mobility scooters are quite easy to assemble. There are models that boast that they can be assembled in 20 seconds flat.
They have batteries and seats that can easily be removed and some models have chassis that can be separated into two parts.
Some of the compact mobility scooter models also come with handles to make them easy to pick up and put in a car trunk or other vehicle.
Just as with any other household item, compact or folding mobility scooters have their advantages and their disadvantages. Some of these are:
- Can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Compact scooters have a short drive range.
- Stability is not a plus as these scooters are comparatively less stable
- Not designed for comfort, but only portability. These mobility scooters have seats that are not so comfortable.
- Available in 3 or 4 wheels.
- These scooters are excellent for transporting and can be easily dismantled.
- These scooters are designed to fit in a car trunk.
- Some have handles for lifting
- These scooters are lightweight
- They are small and compact